Wearing the first Enel maglia rosa of the 42nd edition of the World’s most coveted and prestigious course for riders under 23, is British national Ethan Hayter. The 2018 world champion team pursuit racer said: “The maglia rosa is a dream. Setting off on the track, knowing I was on good form I hoped I would do well in Riccione’s prologo as well as the first stages”.
For Ethan Hayter, this is his third victory this season; at the end of May he conquered a stage, as well as the final ranking for a three-day stage race in France (A Travers les Hauts de France).
The first Italian to cross the line was Nicolas Dalla Valle, ranking fifth.
The Giro d’Italia Under 23 Enel continues tomorrow, Friday the 14th June, with the first stage which goes from Riccione to Santa Sofia.
- Ethan Hayter (Gbr, Great Britain National Team) 3,3 km- time 3’55”34 (average 50,480 km/h)
- Kaden Groves (Aus, SEG Racing Academy) 0”43
- Maikel Zijlaard (Ned, Hagens Berman Axeon) 1”26
- Charlie Quarterman (Gbr, Holdsworth Zappi) 1”86
- Nicolas Dalla Valle (Ita, Tirol KTM Cycling Team) 1”97
- Alexys Brunel (Fra, Groupama-FDJ) 2”92
- Ide Schelling (Ned, SEG Racing Academy) 3”19
- Francesco Di Felice (Ita, General Store-Essegibi) 3”43
- Jake Stewart (Gbr, Groupama-FDJ) 3”67
- Matteo Sobrero (Ita, Dimension Data for Qhubeka) a 4”27